Sunday, June 12, 2011

I’m just a Broadway baby!

This has been an amazing weekend.  I have met so many wonderful people in my new hometown.  I spent Friday cleaning my apartment and rearranging furniture.  Saturday I went shopping for the new apartment.  I went to my favorite stores: Target, Tjmaxx, and Kirklands.  Saturday night I went to a cookout.  I had such a great time!  We had hamburgers and hotdogs, we played games, and I felt very comfortable.  It is so good to meet people that make you forget you are the “new kid.”  My only fear in moving to a new town was that I would be lonely without my friends and family.  I forgot how easy and exciting it can be to meet new people. 
Tonight I watched the Tonys!  I am head over heels in love with the theatre! I have been for most of my life.  While most of my high school peers were listening to Eminem, Dave Mathews, or Kid Rock, I was listening to Wicked, Seussical, Chicago, Phantom, and so on.  I have been lucky enough to have parents that support my passion by taking me to the theatre, paying for my voice and dance lessons, attending dozens of school productions (where I was just the chorus girl in the back corner).  I even entered college as a theatre major.  I soon found out that I was not cut out for life on the stage but I am (and will always be) a musical junkie.   Have you ever heard of people that watch ice skating on TV and glide around their home wearing socks pretending to be in the Olympics?  I am that way about the Tonys. Tonight, while watching the cast of Anything Goes perform, I decided to pull out my old tap shoes and dance around.  I forgot that I live on the second floor and there are people under me.  Anyways, my Tony debut was short lived : / maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment