Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cry Baby

POTTER UPDATE:  The Harry Potter announcement was somewhat disappointing.  There aren’t any new books coming out : /   “Pottermore” will be an online gaming experience that will include real-world prizes such as magic wands that are secretly scattered throughout Britain and the United States  (I’m guessing treasure hunting type stuff).   Pottermore will be the only place that fans can buy the Harry Potter books in a digital format. Rowling also said there would be additions in the digital copy of the books that have never been told.  I’m guessing additional information about characters and a few more stories.
On a serious note:
When I first decided to create a blog I told myself I wouldn’t put anything negative on here.   There is enough negativity in the world without me contributing to it.  However, life isn’t always sunshine and roses.  The past couple of days I have been feeling a little down.  I never thought I would say this but I MISS DURANT!?! (What! I know I’m shocked too) In my first couple of weeks here I was filled with the excitement of all the new changes in my life.  I was busy getting settled and exploring my new hometown.  I met some people and made fast friends but that didn’t turn out so well (long story). 
Anyway… I’m back to being the new kid in town and have LITERALLY one friend here.  I have felt very homesick and Tuesday I broke down.  I was getting ready for bed thinking about how much I missed home and I got a heytell message from my sorority sister singing me a song (we used to do that randomly anytime a good song came on the radio) and at the end she told me how much she loved and missed me.  I lost it.  I was reminded of the fun times I used to have EVERY day with my sisters.  I sent her a pathetic-crying-sniffles-response and told her about what I had been going through.  She told me that she would pray for me.  She asked God to send me something to be happy about tomorrow.  That night I did the same.  I had mixed feelings about asking God for help.  I mean, there are SO many people in this world that need the Lord way more than I do and I felt as though I was complaining. 
The next day was much better.  I woke up a little late, rushed to work, not even thinking about the night before.  That day I received a text from my college roommate and best friend.  She just wanted to know how I was doing.  I hadn’t spoken with her in weeks and since then I have talked to her every day!  Later that day I got a call from my other best friend (If you’re greek you will understand this relationship---my Big).  She is a nurse, married, and expecting a baby so we don’t get to talk very often…but it was her day off!  We talked for probably an hour.  It was just what I needed.  After I get off the phone with my Big, my little brother called me.  This is a very rare occurrence.  He read my Harry Potter blog and just wanted to tell me he enjoyed it.  We talked for a while, which was nice because I never, ever, ever, get to talk to him!  Lastly, I am about to crawl into bed and my phone starts ringing.  It is my little sister.  She was calling to ask me for help with something and wanted to know if she can visit me for a weekend!   P.S. I forgot to mention that I talked to my parents but they don’t count because I talk to them every day!
I spent the ENTIRE night talking to the people that I love!  The only person that knew about my little breakdown was the sister that sent me the message.   It is amazing to watch the Lord answer prayers.  He knew exactly what I needed.  I realized that I was being silly.  I have such great friends and family, I’m not alone at all.  I am just a phone call away. 

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way we I moved back home to Texas when Nate and I got married. Although I am from here, most of my true friends are my sisters who I met in college. It's tough to "grow up" and move away from the people you've become so close to but you find ways to make it work. Little girls weekends here and there, phone calls, random texts...just know that you're not the only one who has gone through this. It doesn't make it any easier but just know others have been where you are. :)
    SLAM,
    your great great grand-big :)

    ReplyDelete