Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Attention Harry Potter Fans!!

I have been a huge Harry Potter fan for several years now and I must admit that I am very sad to see it come to an end.  The first time I heard about the series was when my babysitter (yes babysitter!!) was reading the books.  She brought one to our house and I thought “I will never be able to read a book that big!”  I didn’t take an interest in the series until the first movie was on DVD.
 I remember when the first movie opened in theaters and I thought that the people lining up at midnight were so nerdy.  (It was probably because my baby brother was into them and anything he did back then was nerdy).   So one summer day we were bored and my brother forced me to watch the DVD with him.  About five minutes into the film I was hooked.  I still haven’t read the first or second book but I am considering reading them now that it’s over and I’m having Harry Potter withdraws!
So of course I will be one of those nerdy people lined up (possibly in costume) waiting for the final movie!  The reason I am telling you all of this is because I found a website: www.pottermore.com that is very mysterious.  It is a picture of two owls with the message “pottermore coming soon…”  Once you click on the owls it takes you to youtube where you see a countdown.  Apparently there will be an official J.K. Rowling announcement in about 12 hours!  I have no idea what it’s about but I am so excited!!!! I will post an update tomorrow but I am hoping that the announcement is so big that all of you will know about it before I have time to write another post!  Please let it be another book!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment